Friday, March 13, 2009

Screw John Stewart

I've been reading summaries of the John Stewart - Jim Cramer interview. I haven't watched it yet, I intend to later today. Based on what I'm reading this is what I have to say: Fuck off John Stewart. You are accountable to no one. It is so easy to criticize from your temple on high. I wonder where you would be if you ever had to say anything of consequence...ever.

As a watcher of Jim Cramer, I know a number of his picks have not worked out. However, he has constantly fallen on the sword when they've gone wrong. Also, his overall investing and trading philosophy, if followed, would have minimized pain all the way down this mess. Yet he holds himself accountable.

John Stewart, who are you accountable to? Rather, what advice have you ever offered to anyone? What did you do to prevent this mess? It is so easy for comedians like you to just pick on people. And don't you dare say "Cramer is the one who says he's credible. I'm calling it like I see it." We have enough of people like you in the world. The "no drop of water takes responsibility for the flood" types. We are all complicit.

Try this: Make a difference, by actually making a difference! If you know so damn much, then run for office or more actively endorse your charities or use your airtime to promote good habits, like a balanced budget. Where were you when the housing bubble was amongst us? Listening to CNBC? I doubt it. You were probably like the rest of the Democrat apologists - dancing in the streets celebrating all the new entrants into the "American Dream." Hell, you were probably critical of the GOP for holding back all the potential homeowners for all that time.

Well I call you out John Stewart. What did you do to prevent this mess?

No comments:

Post a Comment